Know what the important issues and questions are when choosing a medical transcription company that’s right for you. Find the best and most qualified people to help you with your confidential patient records and reports.
- How long have they been in business?
- How many people are there (is it one or two or a larger, established business) and can they handle your quantity of work?
- Do they offer references?
- When are your documents returned?
- Can you dictate on weekends, evenings and holidays?
- Do they have a telephone dictation system?
- Do they accept digital files?
- Do they accept tapes?
Quality of Work:
- Do they have an editing process?
- What is the first language of the editors?
- What happens if you’re unhappy with the quality of work?
- Do they have liability insurance?
- Do all their employees or contractors sign an agreement to comply with the applicable privacy legislation?
- Do they do privacy audits to ensure that everyone involved in your work is complying?
- Do they have volume pricing?
- Will they revisit the price and adjust it after a few months based on volume of work and ease of transcription?
- Do they offer templates with significant savings calculated into final price?
- Do they require you to sign a contract?
- Are there penalties to cancel the contract?
- Will they transcribe documents onto your letterhead?
- Will they set up documents to your specifications (margins, headers, etc.)?
- Are there set up fees?
- Are there monthly minimums?
- Can they integrate with your Electronic Medical Records software?
Hours of Operation:
- What hours are their customer service representatives available to talk or email with?
- What hours can you dictate or send digital files?
- How easy is it to get a hold of someone if you have a question or problem?
- Do they close for the holidays or take vacation time?
Follow these questions to ensure you find a medical transcription company that can provide you with the quality results you demand.
To learn more about 2Ascribe Inc.’s medical transcription services contact us today – 866.503.4003